Sunday, June 09, 2024

Sparkle Red Rainbow Socks

My dearest Majes had his birthday this week, which was great motivation to finish these socks that I had been working on for basically forever. Ages ago his wife had acquired this yarn and asked if I could do the knitting of some extra sparkly red rainbow socks. She wasn't sure how much yarn that would take so she bought 300g of fingering weight sock yarn! This seemed like the moment to finally make those handknit knee length socks that he has been dreaming of.



Yarn: details lost to history, but it has a strand of silver sparkle and rainbow variegation in the red

Needles: US 1 / 2.25 mm

Pattern: 84 sts cast-on, cuff down, decrease down to 72 stitches for the ankle, heel flap, wedge toe


I am not going to lie, these socks were a slog that I put down and "rested" a lot. But I am really pleased with the result.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home