Thursday, September 27, 2018

Bulky Teal Beanie

The last thing in the old to-blog pile was this super cute bulky cabled hat.


Yarn: bulky merino yarn in color DR-36
Yarn Supplier: Reyen Design Studios
Needles: US 10.5 / 6.5 mm
Pattern: Close cables hat / Tett i flett-lue by Anna & Heidi Pickles

I bought this yarn in January 2014 at an event. The dyer usually dyes silk and hand felted items. They still sell silk yarn, but this bulky merino seems to have been an experiment.

The color is fabulous, the wool a little sheepy, and this bled like crazy on my hands and needles. If I had realized before hand, I would have pre-soaked it in a citric acid solution. Having said that, since it was a first attempt, I don't necessarily think Reyen's Design Studios would still have this problem, as their other wool and silk designs don't have this problem. It seemed like an early learning curve thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home