Tuesday, June 05, 2018

Reflective Neon Green Hat

Woah, yeah, I am way behind in blogging things. This hat has been sitting in a pile waiting to be photographed and blogged for over a year. It was on the needles for nearly 2 years, for no real reason. And according to Ravelry, this yarn had been in my stash since 2014. So I guess it is finally time.


Yarn: Reflective by Red Heart
Needles: US 8 / 5.0 mm

I didn't use a real pattern, just a 2X2 rib and then working roughly in pattern through the decreases. This is a huge hat though. It has just about 2 skeins of yarn in it, and they are pretty generous to begin with. I have some pretty big headed people in my life though, and I really like a wide fold over brim in the winter to keep ears warm.

This is definitely not my favorite yarn to work with. The reflective strand is sort of obnoxious when you are knitting, and the yarn is somewhat splitty. But it is an interesting addition to the market to have something with the reflective nature, and I appreciate that in the finished project, although it is somewhat scratchy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home