Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Earthy Mother Socks

Friends are expecting their first baby, so per my own tradition, I knit the pregnant parental unit a pair of socks. While I know lots of people really love knitting baby things for expectant parents, I love doing this. There is something about a tangible reminder of community, support and grounding.


Yarn: Araucania Ranco Sock in colorway 308
Yarn Supplier: Winsor Button (out of business)
Needles: US 1/2.25mm
Pattern: toe-up, magic loop, wedge-toe, 2X2 rib, Japenese short rows, sewn bind-off

Since I made these as a surprise, I had to do some surreptitious eyeballing. Fortunately in this case the mom has very similar sized feet to me, which made it easy.

I finished this pair on the Mountain, and I am pleased. They were no frills but well received, but it felt good just to be making thing again. Work has been intense, and I hadn't been able to find the energy when I have been home.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

That is a lovely idea.

21/11/17 5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home