Monday, August 07, 2017

Star Trek Junior

When a baby is born in your community to parents who organize live Star Trek theater, there is only one thing to do.

This the project that I had purchased yarn for on vacation in June this year.

I could have sworn that I had made this pattern before, but I can not find any reference to it anywhere? Did I not make it? Was I just a bad blogger? I am not sure.

Pattern: Star Trek Junior by Sara Swärd
Yarns: Plymouth Yarn Encore DK
Yarn Supplier: Adventures in Knitting in Harwich, Massachusetts
Needles: US Size 6 / 4.0 mm

Modifications: I knit the arms in legs in the round as much as possible, just working flat when needed for the zipper or intarsia.

I was pleasantly surprised by how well the intarsia at the top of the sleeves went. The sleeve cap shaping was a little odd by adult standards, but babies are also not shaped in the same way. I think it will be fine.

I know that I did not install a zipper before though, because the only other time I had done that was for the Not Thick and Thin Cardigan. This zipper was much easier, although that could either be because I sewed it in by hand or because I learned somethings from the first experience about fitting curves when installing a zipper. In either case, I was actually pleased by the results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home