Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Trigradient Shawl

Sometimes you have the perfect yarn waiting for you in your stash. I have been absolutely obsessed with the soft gradients of Spincycle Yarn's Dyed in the Wool, so I jumped at the chance to pick up some of their seconds last year. And while Midsommar is not my colors generally, it is my exactly up the alley of my friend Diamondsoled. And the Valley Superwash DK has been hanging out for a few years, waiting for the perfect squishy knit.

And it turns out Diamondsoled just bought her first house and painted her room in golds and pinks, with touches of blue and lilac. I wouldn't have necessarily have put these together spontaneously but they match her new space perfectly and look great draped as a cozy layer in a favorite (goldenrod colored) chair.

The Trigradient Shawl was a great pattern, with slightly different front and back for two different looks.


Pattern: Trigradient Shawl by Stephen West
Yarns: Valley Yarns Valley Superwash DK in Squash (MC) & Spincycle Yarns Dyed in the Wool in Midsommar (CC)
Yarn Suppliers: Webs and Spincycle Yarns 
Needles: US 4 - 3.5mm

This project was my first time doing brioche stitch, and I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly I got in the rhythm. I has 3 skeins of each, so I wanted to optimize to make it go as far as I could, which the pattern is flexible about. In the end I did the final bind off in CC instead of MC, since I ran out of the main color first. Ultimately I used all 3 skeins of the Valley Superwash, but just over 2 of the Dyed in the wool, so the remainder will show up in another project.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home