Wednesday, October 26, 2022

FO: Honey Bee Blanket

When I first saw the Honey Bee Blanket pattern, I thought it was so cute that I really wanted to make it, despite not having a clear plan on who I would give it to. The recommended yarn was new to me, but the soft cotton blend seems like it will wash really well and be great for little ones and/or messy lives.


Pattern: Honey Bee Blanket by Gaynor Edwards
Yarn: Scheepjes Stone Washed

Seriously, look how cute this detail is?



I was glad to have been this one, but the comments I had read were NOT kidding about the completely unreasonable amount of weaving in of ends. That last part was a slog, but I am still happy to have made it. No need to do a second though.

From the comments on Ravelry, I was also aware that there were some errors in the original pattern. At this point, errata are up, but I did not have any significant trouble in fudging/figuring things out based on what made sense.

My only major complaint about the pattern is that because it is so open ended about the mixed color blocks, I was not sure about exactly how much I would need. I just went with the recommended amounts, but still have a bunch of leftovers.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home