Friday, December 24, 2021

FO: Resoleable Knee Socks

Another find during my craft room shelf reorganization was a pair of resoleable knee socks that I started on January 2nd, 2009. That is almost 13 years on the needles, mostly hibernating! The navy yarn I bought while I was living in Wisconsin one summer for my graduate research. And the variegated Regia was bought from Mind's Eye's first owner.


Pattern: Two-Yarn Resoleable Socks by Wayne Pfeffer, adapted by Anne Merrow
Pattern Source: Favorite Socks: 25 Timeless Designs from Interweave
Needles: US 1 - 2.25 mm
Yarn 1: Patons North America Kroy Socks in color 54110 - navy
Yarn Supplier 1: Wisconsin Craft Market
Yarn 2 (sole): Regia 4-fädig 4-ply Color in color 5574
Yarn Supplier 2: Mind's Eye Yarn

The sole is a great place to use those lonely 50g balls of sock yarn. Honestly this pattern is very clever. Unsurprisingly, doing the sole reminded me of the Panel Ribbed Socks.

In general, I found this to be a bit too fussy to do again for myself or partner, since we do not tend to wear out the bottoms of our socks first. At the time I felt like it would be worth it since I adapted the pattern to make them knee socks with generous calf shaping.

Mostly I am just relieved to have these out of hibernation and off the WIP pile!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home