Wednesday, November 24, 2021

FO: Quick twisted rib hat in hunter orange

Diamondsoled requested a quick turn-around neon orange hat for safety in the woods from hunters.


Pattern: Ridewalk Hat by Gabrielle Roberts (free Ravelry pattern)

Yarn: Caron Simply Soft Brites in Neon Orange

Needles: US 11 - 8.0 mm

I think this was my first time using a German twisted cast-on, and I really liked it it. I would definitely consider using it in the future.

I ended up modifying the pattern to be in twisted rib throughout, to try to give the acrylic yarn a bit more structure, since it doesn't have the memory of wool.

Verdict: this is a really wearable, size flexible hat that knits up pretty quickly. I could see it being good for gift or charity knitting.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home