Wednesday, January 04, 2023

Trio Blanket

I cast on this project in January 2020 and finished it up in Nov 2022. Turns out over 3000 yards of fingering weight yarn take a really long time to turn into a blanket if you don't work on it regularly. This was a pattern I had been wanting to make since I had first seen it though, and it is absolutely in my preferred colors.


Pattern: Trio Blanket by Susan Carlson

Yarn: Sheepjes Whirl in Blackberry Mint Chip, Green Tea Tipple, and Peppermint Patty Cake & Queensland Collection Dungarees Fine in Chrysocolla

Yarn Suppliers: Webs & Mind's Eye Yarns

Hook: C / 2.75mm

After knitting the pattern as written, I did a couple of rounds around the outside with the leftover colors I had and a little Queensland Collection Dungarees Fine to give it a more finished look and tuck in the carried yarns on the edge.

Annie at Mind's Eye Yarns had suggested the Queensland Collection Dungarees Fine, and I will absolutely be making more with it. I love that it is a recycled fiber yarn (from jeans!) and it has a great linen-like feel.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home