Thursday, April 12, 2007

Chiquita's FOs

My daughter has been working on lots of great creative stuff recently, so I thought I would write an entry on some of it.

The first thing was actually her project from last week's sewing class. It is a double sided elasticized headband that is super cute. She wears it all the time and has been getting tons of compliments.

Also, with some of the leftover egg-dye, she dyed some yarn that she says that she wants to knit. It was originally some white Knit Picks Palette, which makes me nervous that it will be to splity for her though. I guess we will see!

And here it is wound into a center pull ball. I love it even more after seeing the colors all mixed up.
And her other big project at sewing class has been a baby blanket for her soon-to-be cousin. This blanky is so snuggly and warm.
And at 36" square it will make a good crib blanket, floor cover or lap blanket. She is so excited about the coming of the new baby.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Creative Life Studio said...

Your daughter's projects are terrific! I love her headband and the yarn is SO pretty!

Also looked at your post about your new water color set. How fun!

You know, after reading about how much Dan Price loved his Sigma Micron pens, I went out and got one last year. I swear, I think it lasted a DAY. I don't know. Maybe I draw too hard, but the tip got all bent and didn't work well at all for me. Still, I hear so many rave reviews about the pens. Did I just get a faulty one?

Oh, and I think your fridge and my fridge are best buds,... but my fridge needs a bath! :)

12/4/07 10:24 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Well, GOOD for her! She is probably just like her creative mom. It is wonderful to have creative daughters...mine is one, too...AND she is a Chemical Engineer!

13/4/07 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home