Saturday, November 30, 2013

Germany socks

It has been quite a while since Salvbard got a new pair of socks. (Apparently the last pair was finished in February 2012, blogged in March that year.) It isn't that I hadn't started a new pair. I just kept not finishing them! At last though he has his Germany socks, which are particularly welcome with the colder weather rolling in.

I have many skeins of this yarn that I bought when it came out that Regia was going to discontinue it. Salvbard is very proud of his German heritage, as his father is a German citizen. This pair of socks took almost exactly 2 skeins, with some additional black yarn used for the heel flap and first couple of rows of the gusset to preserve the striping sequence as much as possible.

Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Sockotta in color 13 (black) & Regia Nation Color (discontinued) in color 5397 (Germany)
Yarn Supplier: Little Knits & Windsor Button (closed), respectively
Needles: US 1 / 2.25 mm
Pattern: cuff-down with heel-flap, gusset and wedge toe

The week of Thanksgiving also means that it is the anniversary of us going to the Justice of the Peace to be legally married. After four years of marriage and home-ownership together, I am just as smitten as I was when we started dating twelve years ago. I am so glad to share my life and home with you. The least I can do is make sure that your feet stay warm.

As an added bonus, we are blessed to have Salvbard's father down for Thanksgiving for the first time this year. Given how much more of this yarn I have stashed away, maybe he could use a matching pair...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home