Monday, July 15, 2013

Iris the Ibis

The forecast is calling for another hot week, but I am still knitting these days (mostly socks). I still have a back log of projects to share though, so in the mean time I figured I should get started on that. Today that means talking about Iris the Ibis.


I had an event to attend where we were each asked to bring something that represented our clan or house. My assigned clan was Ibis, so I started in search of a stuffed animal pattern. I didn't find something that was exactly what I was looking for, but I did find this great dodo pattern that had the right general body shape. I just needed to lengthen the neck, wings, neck and beak. I also did not follow the color instructions, as I was aiming for a different bird.



Yarn: Berroco Vintage (white), Louet Gems Topaz (color 47 - coral) and Mondial Merino Plus (black)
Pattern: heavily modified from Degulus the Dodo by Phoeny (a for-purchase Ravelry download)
Needles: US 4 - 3.5 mm

One of the sad things that I realized in getting ready for this post is that all three of the yarns used were from shops that are now closed. The white Berroco Vintage was from Windsor Button. The coral Louet Gems Topaz was from Woolcott. And the black Mondial Merino Plus was from the Knitting Room. I miss you guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home