Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Spinning Wheel

Seriously, I was not sure if I was going to make this week's Illustration Friday post, but as the prompt was "wheel" it seemed like it would be a shame to miss. My poor Ashford Traditional has not seen any use in longer than I want to discuss, but at least it can have a brief moment back on the blog.


Crayola colored pencils in aqua green, black, light brown, mahogany, maroon, yellow orange in Moleskine


I admit that I want to fuss with this one still, but just getting it out for the week was the important thing. I had lots of trouble with the color, and looking at the scan it could use some more color built up on the treadle. But hey, more practice with color is always good.

Now I just need some time to do some actual spinning on my wheel as well. We will see.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Ailish said...

Nice! I saw a spinning wheel this weekend, and thought that would make a great choice if I hadn't already started the water wheel. I think the colour looks good.

6/2/13 11:17 PM  
Anonymous Jay at The Depp Effect said...

Would it help if I told you that when I saw this picture on your blog I thought it was a photograph at first (I didn't come via Illustration Friday this time, but via my news reader, so I wasn't expecting a drawing). I think you've made a great job of it!

I have an overlocker like that - hasn't been used since I don't know when ... truth is, I'm a tad scared of it!



8/2/13 8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seeing illustrations in books of spinning wheels and spindles was what first made me want to spin yarn. Your illustration is just lovely

8/2/13 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home