Saturday, October 20, 2012

New York Sheep and Wool 2012

Holy sheep we spent the day at Rhinebeck! It has been one of those things that Salvbard and I have talked about doing for years, but this year he totally made it happen.



The foliage was in full force, and the weather was amazing, despite my fears of more of yesterday's rain. We had a bit of extra adventure getting here last night involving the wet, a closed bridge, and a helpful GPS suggesting farm roads. The car may never be clean of mud again.



We saw may adorable animals from the obligatory sheep to a kangaroo to this very handsome Flemish Giant rabbit.

We went to the insanity that was the Ravelry and Podcaster meetups. 

 

This picture does not include any more than a small fraction of the people here for the Ravelry meet-up, but there was a photographer with a camera on a giant stick to try to get an official picture for later.




There was of course lot of yarn. Some of it even is coming home with us, although it was relatively little all things considered. I am really happy with the thoughtful purchases I did make though.



We had a lovely dinner at the Grazin' Diner in Hudson, NY. It is a small farm to table places with an ethic behind it that I care about. Plus the food was really good. Highly recommended. We had an early dinner, so that we could get back to our accommodations enjoy the amazing light and view from our room. 

 

I admit to being more than a bit over peopled, but I had lots of fun. Fortunately I could retreat with a book for a bit of quiet after dinner. Bliss.

Good night blog! I will see what I can do to update you soon with the other details of what I have been up to.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

I'm glad you finally made it and that you had a terrific weekend!

21/10/12 8:02 PM  
Anonymous britt(pigbook1@gmail.com) said...

Rhinebeck is so fun, but I am always feeling "in the way" there are just too many people. I definitely want to go back next year (I missed last year and this year)

22/10/12 9:14 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Your pictures really captured the gorgeous light. So beautiful.
I am glad you got to go. I think about going on one of the buses someday, but the crowds seem very intimidating.
Do tell...what yarn did you decide to bring home? :)

25/10/12 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home