Friday, April 27, 2012

Cabled Leg Warmers

So I was flipping through my sock books, looking for something to knit, when I cam across this great cabled sock pattern in worsted weight yarn. I was thinking I would do a pair for Salvbard to see if he ended up liking worsted socks. By the time I had finished the leg though, I thought I had run out of yarn based on my stash listed in Ravelry. Oh well, there was just enough to do some ribbing at the bottom and turn these into legwarmers for me.
Yarn: Järbo Garn Raggi Multi in color 1548
Yarn Supplier: Mind's Eye Yarns
Needles: US 5 - 3.75 mm
Pattern: Men's Cable Socks by Jenny Bellews
Pattern Source: Vogue Knitting on the Go: Socks Two
Size: Medium

Modifications: Rather than doing a foot, I reversed the increases after the ribbing in order to decrease for roughly equivalent ribbing at the bottom.

Of course I found a third ball after binding off and sewing all the ends in. I knew I had one more ball of this stuff! I should have trusted my instincts.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home