Thursday, March 08, 2012

Praying Mantis

Another Ravelry clean up post! I loved knitting this project. It made me want to knit everything in the book it is found in. Hansi is so clever!

Pattern: Praying Mantis by Hansi Singh
Pattern Source: Amigurumi Knits
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft and Sirdar Snuggly DK (doubled)
Needles: US 6 - 4.0 mm

The only reason this one has been listed as "in progress" for a year is that I wanted to do something better for the wire in the limbs. Initially I tried the pipe-cleaners as suggested, but they were far to flimsy. Then I replaced them with florist wire, which is much stiffer (and a better length). But he still could not stand up! Looking through the internets, people seemed to find that using a wire coat hanger worked best, but I did not have a ready source. As this stuffie has moved out though, he is as done as he is getting. And I have to say I still love him!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home