Thursday, February 09, 2012

Stained Glass Hat II

Um, this hat may have been finished since October... I am a bad blogger. When I got this yarn I immediately knew what I wanted to make with it. Way back in in 2006 I made a double knit hat from koigu that made me think of stained glass. I loved that hat, but it was a tiny bit shallower than I would have liked. When I made that hat, double knitting was a brand new technique for me, so it seemed only fitting that I stretch myself with this version as well.

So with this fantastic yarn in hand, I set off to make a replacement, this time in fair-isle. I have made two fair-isle projects so far, a baby mitten in 2008 (yes just one) and a fair-isle bag in 2007 (ahem, that I may have never lined and may still live in my mending basic). So yes finishing something fair-isle!


Pattern: Mini Mochi Fair Isle Hat by Sandi Rosner
Size: Small
Yarn: Regia Cotton & Schoppel-Wolle Crazy Zauberball
Needles: US 3 - 3.25 mm

The Zauberball is souvenir yarn from our trip to Europe this year. Specifically we had picked it up in Germany on a day that I wandered the local farmer's market with Salvbard. Happy memories, keeping my head warm this winter.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jasra/Lisa said...

I lovelovelove this hat!

10/2/12 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home