Sunday, February 05, 2012

Monster Mash

This weekend was the Arisia debrief, where the volunteers and staff get together to discuss what worked and what didn't at the past year's convention. In honor of that (and since my work as Arisia staff has seriously slowed my blogging in recent months) I thought I would share a few pictures of one crafty programming item at Arisia '12, the Monster Mash.

Mimi Noyes, the fantastic lady who runs this event brings bags and bags of stuffed animals. Then attendees hack them apart and sew them back together again like Dr. Frankenstein.


The carnage was really incredible. There was stuffing and stuffed-animal parts everywhere!


The results were amazing, like this bird-cow-turtle-something else I can't identify monster. (Sadly I did not have time to stay and make a monster, as I was running around putting out metaphoric fires, but all the creations I saw looked fantastic.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home