Friday, August 26, 2011

cotton socks for Salvbard

I have knit 2 pairs of socks from Cascade Fixation before, the sienna socks and red socks for my housemate. Having finally gained a little bit of confidence about working with this yarn, I was more receptive when Salvbard started hinting that he would really like a pair of cotton socks.

So I let him dig around in the stash, and he surprised me a bit by picking these colors. It is so funny to thing that this is the same man who I was so nervous about whether he would wear the crazy man socks when they turned out to be a little more colorful than originally thought.

Pattern: Lovelyarns Toe-Up Socks by Elinor Gray
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Fixation
Yarn Supplier: Mind's Eye Yarns
Needles: US 5 / 3.75 mm

Modifications: Not a whole lot, as I really like this pattern! Given that this yarn is both stretchy and slightly larger in gauge than fingering, I knit these in the largest size (a woman's large) which worked well for a man. Then I added a bunch of calf shaping, since Salvbard does have some *ahem* shapely calves.

These were my major project while we were in Europe (as seen previously), once the airlines finally got us our luggage. And the combination of the gauge, length and mindlessness of the stockinette was really welcome as excellent travel knitting.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home