Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Frost Giant Socks

I mentioned a couple weeks ago that I was making a second pair of socks for my housemate, whom we will affectionately refer to as the Frost Giant. These socks were actually knit more than a year ago (?!) in June 2010, but I hadn't blogged the for lack of a photoshoot. Normally I would just take a photoshoot on my sock blockers if the recipient (or someone with equivalent sized feet) is not available. Unfortunately that isn't an option with FG's US men size 14-15 size feet!


Yarn: Regia Stretch Color in color 84
Yarn Source: Somerville Yarn Swap
Needles: US 1 - 2.25 mm
Pattern: 84 sts, 2X2 rib, heel-stitch heel flap and wedge toe

There are few things less intrinsically awe inspiring than an unworn sock picture, so let's show you a picture with one of my socks for scale.


Aww, my sock looks so wee and cute. Clearly I love FG very much. Seriously an 84 stitch sock?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...the contrast is pretty amazing when you compare the two socks.

10/7/11 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home