Tuesday, May 03, 2011

More Leftover Socks?

Some might notice that the last few pairs of socks have been knit from leftovers. This pair is no exception. I recently reorganized my sock yarn bin, only to discover that it actually closes well these days. Progress! So my next goal is to get the bag of leftover sock yarn to fit well in that bin too. And fewer sock leftovers is one way to make that happen.

Yarn: Wisdom Yarns Marathon Socks-Boston (discont'd) & Jawoll Solid Superwash
Needles: US 1 / 2.5mm

I also used this sock yarn combination for a pair of resole-able socks. (More discussion on those later.) If you read the last two posts, I am sure you won't be surprised by the sock recipe: toe-up, figure 8 cast-on, short row heel. We have been getting to the end of the semester, so I have not have had much brain for anything more complicated.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Your socks are great. It would be fun to have a drawer full of amazing socks. I am slowly building a collection. ;)
Good luck with the last of your semester. When you have room to breath again we are looking forward to seeing you. I wish you could see the tulips...they look gorgeous right now, especially with the cherry tree blooming above them. Huzzah for Spring.

3/5/11 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home