Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bubblegum Socks II

With only 46 grams left after the first pair of Bubble Gum socks, I set off to make another pair of anklets, this time toe-up in order to use every last bit. (Since the yarn is not superwash, none of it can really go in the mitered blanket, which needs its own update post soon.)

Pattern: Toe-up Socks by Spacekitty
Needles: US 1.5
Yarn: Knit Picks Memories in Hawaii (discontinued)
Yarn Supplier: Somerville Yarn Swap

Modifications: used a picot hem bind-off

Since my yarn was not quite as heavy as the Cascade Fixation that the pattern was written with, I went with a size large so that I could be working across 60 stitches total. It has been ages since I did a short-row heel, but to my surprise I really enjoyed doing these. Spacekitty's instructions make for a very tidy heel, while not being terribly fussy.

These were a little bit shorter than the first pair, especially given that I went with the picot edge. Chiquita loves them though, as she has a thing for anklets. Honestly the idea of wool anklets seems a bit like an oxymoron to me, but she seems quite pleased.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home