Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bouncing Bunny

This morning we had a visitor to the yard. The little guy was fairly shy at first, hiding next to the compost bin. You could just see his ears peaking up.


Then he got a little braver.


Or perhaps his curiosity just got the better of him.


Fortunately Salvbard was up to doing another photo-shoot, like the one that he did for the amigurumi penguin. And before you knew it, the bunny was ready to strike a pose.

Pattern: Rabbit by Susan B. Anderson
Yarn: some random aran-weight coned rug wool from my stash
Needles: US 6s/4.0 mm

I was somewhat randomly inspired to make a rabbit yesterday. I was looking for something rabbit-themed in honor of the somewhat belated Chinese New Year, and stumbled upon this pattern. The funny thing, was that I had just been listening to back episodes of the Double Knit Podcast, which had mentioned this pattern as well.

The thing that amused me most about this pattern, is that there is an option to make the body with a tennis ball inside. I had read in a few comments on Ravelry that they still don't bounce terribly well, but I still felt like this would make the world's best dog toy. (Don't get me wrong, it would also be really cute as a baby shower gift, but fur-babies need love too.)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Love the photo story! Does your rabbit bounce?
Ironically, I am in a rabbit mood too though I forgot it is actually the year of the rabbit. I am spinning some angora for rabbit leg warmers. :)

P.S. About your other post...I can hardly believe the swap was three years ago. I am very glad that I met you there.

27/2/11 5:41 PM  
Blogger omly said...

Carolyn, yes he does bounce, though not as well as a plain tennis ball. His head and legs tend to make him bounce in weird directions as they often get in the way.

28/2/11 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home