Sunday, February 08, 2009

Penguin

One of my dear friends has a serious thing for penguins, and today is his birthday. And so I had this idea to make him a little amigurumi. Somehow through the wonders of Ravelry I found this pattern and couldn't look back. I have said it before, but Asians seem to have a monopoly on "teh cute".


So what if the pattern is once again in Japanese? And so what if I have never done crocheted color work before? (Actually this is the same source as the 28-10 Cotton Smile Cardigan, last seen on the blog here. I need to post new photos as I have finished the crochet portions of that project.)


Pattern: amikomo3-33 Amigurumi Penguin Cell Phone Strap by Pierrot (Gosyo Co., Ltd) (direct pdf link)
Hook: 2.25 mm steel hook

Modifications:
I skipped color C entirely, replacing it with more B. I did not attach a cell phone strap, and I embroidered the eyes rather than use plastic ones.

This little guy is so flipping adorable that we may have to make some for our house too. Doesn't he look like he is enjoying the snow? Little did he expect the balmy temperatures today, which were in the 50s *F (high of 9*C). Enjoy it while it lasts, little buddy!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger pigbook1 said...

so cute!

9/2/09 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home