Sunday, December 28, 2008

Orange Sweater

In an effort to step back into blogging, I have an older FO to share with you all. I knit this baby sweater for a coworker who will be on maternity leave next semester. Elizabeth Zimmerman's February sweater is one that I have always wanted to make, so I decided to break out some sock stash.


Pattern: Baby Sweater on Two Needles (February)
Pattern Source: Knitter's Almanac by Elizabeth Zimmermann
Yarn: Mind's Eye Yarns Merino/Tencel in Golden Pumpkin (~220 yards)
Yarn Supplier: Mind's Eye Yarns
Needles: US 4 / 3.5 mm

Although I tend to work in the round when possible, I opted to knit the sleeves flat as directed and then seam. I have to say that I have really come to enjoy mattress stitch. There is something meditative about it.

I had hoped that this semi-solid would be okay for the lace pattern, but ultimately decided it was a little too busy. I think that this particular lace pattern really should just be done in a true solid. But as an added advantage, changing this over to stockinette made it more unisex since I had done it in orange anyways.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger catsmum said...

That pattern was the main reason that I bought EZ's Almanac and I STILL haven't made one
Yours looks fabbo :]

28/12/08 5:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It is so pretty, it reminds me of candy corn. :) Happy new year!

5/1/09 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home