Friday, February 25, 2011

Bubble Gum Socks

All I have wanted to knit recently are boring stockinette socks. So I dug around in the stash until I found some self-patterning sock yarn and started knitting. I hadn't even finished the ribbing before Chiquita announced that she thought these socks should be for her. Given the brightness of the colors (lime green, pink, turquoise and teal), I had to agree that they were more her colors than anyone else's. The colors make me think of the sickly sweet bubblegum we used to like as kids.

Pattern: top-down basic socks (60 sts)
Needles: US 1.5/2.5 mm
Yarn: Knit Picks Memories in Hawaii (discontinued)
Yarn Supplier: Somerville Yarn Swap

This yarn has been discontinued for ages. In fact I think it might have even been already discontinued when I got it at the yarn swap years ago. It is actually very nice to work with and produces a nice soft, thick fabric. Unfortunately it is not machine washable though, but Chiquita takes care of her own hand-knits well. So they should be fine for her.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home