Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Red Cabled Baby Hat

Red can be a super challenging color to photograph (thank you new housemate!), but I love it for baby boys even more than the "traditional" blue. And this yarn is just right for the little boy in Texas it is intended for. It is made from a 50-50 blend of cotton and soy fiber, which was a new yarn for me. It is very soft and comes in great colors, from brights to softer tones.

Pattern: Cabled Baby Hat by Melanie Hoffman
Size: 0-3 months
Yarn: Queensland Collection Bebe Cotsoy
Yarn Supplier: Mind's Eye Yarns
Needles: US 8 / 5.0 mm

Modifications: I shortened ribbing by half and then completely made up my own decreases so that they would look more in pattern than the original. This was a free pattern, which can be accessed on the designer's blog (pattern linked directly, above) and is also available as a free Ravelry download.

Just a reminder! My birthday giveaway ends tomorrow at midnight EST. So if you would like to enter, comment on that post.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this hat a whole lot. The cables are strong and attractive. I love red on babies, too.

2/7/10 12:16 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

The red's going to look great on a baby! Adorable hat - great job!

2/7/10 11:34 PM  
Blogger DawnMarie said...

Beautiful little hat, love the colour. Found your blog through Ravelry, I was looking for a pattern for an earflap hat and came across yours. Am going to give it a try (relatively new to knitting)as a gift for my friend who has a 23inch head, which is big for a woman. I'll let you know how I get on. Ty.x

13/7/10 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home