Monday, March 28, 2011

Red Socks

No, not that sort of Red Socks. These are just red socks.


Yarn: Cascade Yarns Fixation Solid in color 3794 (aka red)
Yarn Supplier: Mind's Eye Yarns
Needles: US 4 / 3.5 mm

These are just basic top down socks with a heel flap heel and a wedge toe. Due to sheer laziness I took the numbers from Thuja, but then just knit them in stockinette instead of seed stitch rib. While these may not be terribly exciting technique-wise, I was very happy to be knitting another pair of socks for this particularly recipient. (Wow was that really nearly 2 years ago? Sorry love, you were severely overdue for another pair!)

I had discovered the last time I knit socks from Cascade Fixation that the key for me is to use a much larger needle than seems reasonable. Due to the elastic and huge difference in linear density when this yarn is under tension, the final fabric just comes out a lot more reasonable and it is much nicer to knit that way.

I am not sure why, but I seem to be on a bit of a sock jag. You might want to be prepared for more sock-knitting (and knitting from sock-yarn) in the near future.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home