Monday, March 07, 2011

Crocus Yarn

We aren't quite to crocus season yet, though I did notice that with the snow melted from my yard, the hyacinths and daffodils are just starting to poke up through the soil. Despite that, I am totally ready!


Having the spinning wheel in the living room has been fantastic. I broke out some fiber that I had received in the Somerville Yarn Swap. (And yes, I have been dipping a lot into the old stash recently.) Total between the four colors, I have 235 grams of superwash wool. The colors are a little more accurate in the above picture.


This is the first skein that I have plied so far from what I have. Given that I have found my singles have been tending more to the fine side, I went with something a little different and made a 3-ply. I wasn't sure if it would muddy the colors too much, but I have to say that at least pre-knit-up the yarn maintains that feeling of mixed crocus colors well. Neat!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home