Thursday, March 03, 2011

Winter Tomato

Is there anything sadder than grocery store winter tomatoes? Particularly with the cold, dark days I have been thinking longingly of produce not yet in season.

I have also been fairly enamored with the idea of making knitted food toys for my nieces recently. I have no idea where this urge came from, but it is fairly pernicious. Adding to my daydreams of fresh produce, I finally got around to starting to make some toy food.

Pattern: tomato by Hansi Singh
Pattern Source: Amigurumi Knits
Yarn: Lion Brand Woolease in Rancho Red & Caron Simply Soft in Dk. Sage (both discontinued colors)
Needles: US 6/4.0 mm

I bought this book last year after falling in love with most of the contents (except the lantern fish, ugg!), but this is the first thing I have actually made from it. The construction is a bit different than I think I would design, but they are quite clear. I was so excited after having finished this that I immediately cast-on another project from this book.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home