Monday, July 27, 2009

Orange!

For some reason I haven't really been knitting socks in recent months, but it just doesn't feel like summer without it. So on a hot day last week I started this pair of Broadripples, which is a pattern I have meant to try forever.

Posted by Picasa
Pattern: Broadripple by Rob Matyska
Size: 8" cuff, women's US size 9
Needles: US 5 / 3.75 mm
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Fixation Solid color 7192
Supplier: Mind's Eye Yarns

I have a fair bit of Cascade Fixation in my stash, but in the past I found in mildly annoying/unpleasant to knit with. I tend to knit tightly (stress!), and I could not master the tension that everyone told me to relax to when using this yarn. The needle size I ended up using was huge, but this has been my best knitting experience to date with this yarn. I may be using it again soon, in light of this discovery.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

They turned out great! I'm glad the fixation worked out for you; I'm afraid to try it because I am also a tight knitter.

Thanks for stopping by my blog; I wanted to stop by and reply :)

I think doubling the yarn would give you a better sized doll. I'm actually
on the lookout for some worsted weight yarn in a good skin tone color--I'll
post about it when/if I find it.

30/7/09 12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home