Friday, July 17, 2009

Owl Wallet

I admit that I am not an amazing seamstress, but it is something that I like to pull out and play with occasionally. So recently when I found this pattern, I got super excited about making it for a friend's birthday. It has owls! See?


(Can I just say how happy finding the perfect button makes me?) And then it opens up to reveal a set of pockets to store tea bags or business cards without letting them get crushed at the bottom of your purse. I am not the only one with that problem right?


Pattern: Christy's Creation's Tea Wallet Tutorial
Fabric: that same great owl fabric I have used before

Believe it or not I have never used interfacing before (fusible or otherwise), although I had some in the house. But the instructions are very clear, and it was not that hard once we figured out what tension my machine needed. (Thank you Salvbard! What would I do without you?)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

That is brilliant! I love the owls...and no, you are totally not alone with the squashed tea bag problem. LOL

18/7/09 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home