Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Illusion Knitting

So in addition to bobble-knitting, we were also challenged to try illusion knitting, something else I had never tried. I have had the Dark Mark Illusion Scarf in my queue for ages, but as I am not a huge scarf-knitter I wasn't quite up to doing that as my first illusion knitting project.

But I found the perfect project to try this technique out with. From the top it doesn't look like all that much:

When seen from an angle, though, the symbol for the Deathly Hallows appears:

Pattern: Deathly Hallows Illusion Cloth (free Ravelry download) by Jenn Bragg
Yarn: mystery sport weight yarn
Needles: US 3/3.25mm

I am not sure this is a technique I would be super-excited to do in a large scale way, but it was pretty neat to see the image appear.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a neat pattern; thanks for the reference. We are very eager for July 15!

24/6/09 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home