Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Starfish Blanket

Sometimes I choose patterns because the construction looks intriguing. While other times my focus is on the finished product. The baby starghan managed to be both.

Posted by Picasa

Pattern: Baby Starghan (Star Afghan) by Beth Espina-Cole
Yarn: a random cone of worsted weight cotton
Hook: G/4.5 mm

This project had been in my queue for ages. The actual crocheting was really mindless, but the unusual shape provided just enough entertainment. And I love that this blanket is worked from the center out, which meant that I could just keep making it larger as long as I had more yarn.

I wish I could say something here that is sappy and sweet. But around the house, this project has been nicknamed the starfish due to the combination of the shape and pale pink color. With the 20 dc into ring beginning as it's "mouth", I have started to have visions of giant starfish wrapped around babies. Hmm, maybe I should reconsider offering small children to the elder gods of the deep...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger twirldawg said...

It looks lovely!

21/5/09 9:49 AM  
Blogger pigbook1 said...

HA! I can't get the image of a baby-eating starfish out of my head.
BTW Good luck w/ the house stuff I can't wait to hear all about it. Raised beds are SOOO easy to build we made ours 4'x3'x6" just screwed together w/ deck screws. We added 1' pieces at the corner as anchors to put into the ground. Maybe I will write up a blog post about it.

21/5/09 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home