Saturday, April 25, 2009

Odessa

It has been a while since I have posted. Never fear, the end of the semester is coming soon. In the meantime I have been working on mostly small items. This is a pattern that I have wanted to try for a long time, and I am so glad that I had the chance to actually do so.


Pattern: Odessa by Grumperina (now available as a free Ravelry download)
Yarn: Mind's Eye Yarns DK Merino
Needles: US 4 / 3.5 mm
Beads: Size 6 from the Beadworks

One of the really fun parts of this project was trying out knitting with beads for the first time. Instead of pre-stringing them, I used the crochet hook method of adding in the beads. I really liked how the beads sit flat using this method, but found that they also sit a little lower. In doing this pattern again with this method of bead application I would do the beads one stitch earlier than suggested.

I had been looking for a pattern to use the leftovers of the giant skein of which I have made the Ashes of Roses cardigan. Seriously, Lucy's DK skeins are more than generous! Not only did I finish this had from what was left, but there is more than enough for another small coordinating project currently in the works. More on that soon!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a really lovely version of that pattern!

26/4/09 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home