Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Infant Fancy *Wool* Socks

I have been looking at my pattern books with the aim to actually knit from them. Crazy I know! I have all of these books, and I really want to use them. Digging around in my extra sock yarn bag, I started thinking about this pattern from Vintage Socks. On the one one hand it seems a little silly to knit fancy socks, especially in a baby's size. On the other hand, my sister is having a second baby, and I want to make sure there are a few new handknits for the new baby in addition to her sister's hand-me-downs.


Pattern:Infant Fancy Silk Socks
Pattern Source: Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush
Yarn: Louet Gems Fingering Wt. in sandalwood
Needles: US 2 / 2.75 mm

These were fun to knit, especially the dutch heel (which I first tried on the Black Man-Socks). My only complaint is about the fact that the lace pattern is not symmetrical. It is still pretty, the lack of symmetry just tweaks me.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Those are really charming. I actually like the idea of fancy baby socks for a second child. It is always nice to have something special and when the child is bigger the socks could dress a doll.

31/3/09 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home