Saturday, February 28, 2009

FO: Ribby Vest

Can I just say how much I love this project? The colors are totally mine. I know that Project Spectrum 2009 is starting with the element earth, but my element is totally water. I love everything about it, and this vest captures the variation in color and mood of the sea.

I think this is one of my new favorite things. It looks great with a collar shirt or a t-shirt. It is super really comfortable, and can either dress an outfit up or down depending on what it is paired with.


Pattern: Ribby Vest by Carol J. Sulcoski
Pattern Source: Knit So Fine
Size: small 33"
Needles: US 6s/4.00 mm
Yarns: Lisa Souza Sock!, Regia Solid 4-ply, Steinbach Wolle Aktiv Color 100, Trekking (XXL)

Modifications: I made no modifications other than the yarn manufacturer. That is nearly unheard of!

The only note that I have to mention, based on grumblings made by other Ravelers, is that you need to be careful to measure length with the rib pattern stretched to the appropriate width. A few people mentioned that this vest came out considerably shorter than they thought it would, but my experiences with my Quidditch sweater have taught me to be careful with the fact that ribbing can shorten consider considerably when stretched.

All and all, this was a great knit. The different rib widths and color changes kept things interesting. The yarn called for is sock weight, but is held double to give more subtle color combinations. Conclusion: great use for coordinating sock yarn, even if it isn't Trekking XXL (the suggested yarn).

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Ev said...

Very nice!!

28/2/09 10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful on you!

1/3/09 2:33 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

It's fabulous!!!! I love it!!!!!

3/5/10 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home