Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ribby Vest - Cast On

It isn't very often that I am stopped in my tracks by a pattern. When I was in my favorite local independent book store though, I was broadsided by the Ribby Vest in Knit So Fine.


The original pattern calls for 5 skeins of Trekking, which I didn't have, but I do have tons of sock yarn. So I dug out 5 coordinating skeins and cast on. Granted I have had more knitting time recently, but I managed to knit the front in a day. A day! Surprisingly entertaining, and I am really looking forward to wearing it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

You made my day! I love it and can't wait to see it finished!

22/2/09 4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great and the colors are wonmderful. You're a better knitter than I am - the thought of knitting an adult size garment with sock yarn makes me cringe :) Not that I couldn't do it, I'd just be doing it for the next decade!

23/2/09 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home