Friday, March 27, 2009

Wedding Afghan #1

Months ago I mentioned the wedding afghan that I was making for one of my brothers. Well the wedding shower was last weekend, so it was time to stop putting off weaving in the ends any longer. Since the last time I posted I also improvised the edging based on the stripe pattern, and I am really pleased with the result.


Pattern: Two-Color Afghan by Lion Brand Yarn
Hook: 6.0 mm (J)
Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Encore Worsted

I am not crazy about Lion Brand's log-in system for their free patterns, but this was simple enough that it would be easy to reverse engineer if you were so inclined. I believe I started with a more chains since I wanted a slightly larger blanket, big enough for the newlyweds to snuggle up under on the couch.

Perhaps I gifted it a little too soon though. I hear they are already (goodnaturedly) fighting over who it gets to live with until the wedding. It is a good thing that the other brother getting married this year already lives with his partner. Now I just need to pick a second pattern. Any suggestions out there? It just needs to be in worsted weight yarn, because I already have enough of it in my stash in 2 colors.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home