Monday, April 07, 2008

Black Man-Socks

Given that the weather seems to be acknowledging the approach of spring, it is inevitable that I would be finishing these self-declared winter socks. I kitchenered the toes over Falathwen's house yesterday, where Chiquita and I had a lovely time visiting with her family.

Despite their current lack of usefulness, these socks are just in time for Salvbard's birthday. Fortunately he is a man who is more than happy to receive hand-knit socks as a birthday present. I guess he will just have to put them away to use next year.


Pattern: Gentleman's Plain Winter Sock with Dutch Heel by Nancy Bush
Pattern Source: Knitting Vintage Socks
Needles: US 1 / 2.25 mm
Yarn: Lang Yarns Super Soxx
Yarn Supplier: Stoff bei Stoff in Lübeck

This yarn was souvenir yarn from our visit in Lübeck, Germany. Only love could convince me to keep knitting these fingering-weight solid black socks, though the interesting construction helped too.

The wide toe went over well, but I think that these will have to be worn for a while to get the final verdict on the Dutch heel. His initial impression is "different, but still good." I have to admit the detail that cracked me up is the faux back seam. (To accent his shapely calves?)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home