Friday, April 04, 2008

Reversai

Round 2 Sock Madness socks, check.

Pattern: Reversai
Yarn: SWRC Tofutsies
Needles: US Size 0/2.00 mm

The premise of these socks is really interesting. They are completely reversible, and look the same inside or right-side out. Since I was knitting them in a cotton-blend yarn I opted for the slightly shorter cuff, and for a pair of US Women's size 7 socks I went to row 24 on the foot. I think that the garter stitch toes, heels and soles would make these great for children's socks though, since they are very stretchy lengthwise, and would accommodate growth well.

Due to the large number of stitches around, I went with a fine fingering weight yarn, but that might not be a great idea if you were as much as a size 8, at least with my gauge. If I were doing these not for competition I would probably want to do my swatch in double seed stitch rather than stockinette, which I would highly recommend to other knitters as to avoid tears later.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely socks - and an intriguing idea - that they are reversible. How in the world do you deal with weaving in ends in that case?

Lovely skirt (in your previous post) too - Chiquita looks happy in it!

6/4/08 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home