Monday, March 24, 2008

Bookscarf and the Breaks

Goodness, has it really been a week? Between Easter and work/school stuff time is completely getting away from me. There has been a little bit of knitting though. I finished up a book scarf from Charmed Knits. I know there have been complaints that a lot of the patterns in this book are available online for free, but I have knit more patterns from this book than any other in my library.


Pattern: House Bookscarves by Laura Miller
Pattern Source: Charmed Knits
Yarn: Spunky Eclectic Tough Sock in firecracker (<15g)


Modifications:
I cast on with a fingering weight yarn held single for the lace weight numbers, and then knit to 10” rather than the specified 8”.

But not all has been well on the knitting front. I started the Child's Mitten/Sampler from Latvian Mittens as a learning project, only to have this happen less than an inch in.


I had bought 2 sets of these Brittany needles with the hope that I could take them on the plane last April (answer = no), but they haven't gotten much use otherwise. I prefer magic loop for socks, but they seemed perfect for fingering weight mittens. See this is why I don't use wooden needles. They can't stand up to my stress level apparently.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, that's a shame. I have a nearly identical set of those needles - they've been sitting in my "spares" box since i brought them home. I've never had the nerve to use them.

Metal needles make me much happier and I also like to loop socks :) One at a time though...

25/3/08 8:43 AM  
Blogger Marigold said...

Brittany will replace the broken needle if you call them up. they were very nice when I had to call them.

25/3/08 9:27 AM  
Blogger Moose said...

My brittany needles always seem so delicate that i've started using baleene needles - wonderful feel, great points, and they hold up to stress knitting but remain flexible. I haate breaking needles - it's even worse than losing them.

25/3/08 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home