Friday, February 29, 2008

Wings

In Deathly Hallows, I have to admit that the whole dragon plot point struck me as a little too convenient. (No I do not planning on spoiling.) With the prompt of "wings" for the February CMP ATC swap, though, I knew I wanted to do something with dragons. So after playing around with a couple different ideas, I ended up with this one as the dragon flew off. Something about the image of the dragon flying off into freedom just captures my imagination, despite not caring for the way it fell into the story as a whole.

gesso, acrylic paint & pigma micron pen on cardstock

Somehow this was my first experience working with gesso. I had picked some up a while back, because I had been hearing about it so much on the Creative Mom Podcast and on various art blogs. It was really interesting. I like the texture it gives and am looking forward to experimenting with it my moleskine now too.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home