Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Caribbean Clown Socks

For some the question is "half full or half empty?" For me the question is are these socks Caribbean colored as I thought initially? Or are they clown socks, as was suggested recently? I will let each person make their own choice, but I hope that my sister can look at the warm colors are happy and full of sunshine during the winter.


Yarn: Regia Crazy Color 6-ply in color 5260
Pattern: 56 stitch 56 row sock by Nancy T. McGlynn
Needles: US 3 / 3.25 mm & US 2 / 2.75 mm (for toes and heels)
Stash Down Yardage: 280 yards
Total Stash Down Mileage: 1.57 miles

By weight these took just over 2 skeins, but don't let that fool you. I had to use a fair bit of a third to make the colors match. Here is how far 2 balls took me: only about halfway through the foot.


As I was digging through the strata of the socks yarn stash for the yarn to make these socks, I recently realized that the colors that draw me go through seasonal cycles. I bought these during another cold winter during the period of short, dark days where nothing but the brightest of yarns please me most.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger pigbook1 said...

I don't think they count as clown socks but I love bright colors!

12/2/08 7:08 PM  
Blogger Becky G said...

I love 'em too!

12/2/08 9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely cheerful and fun. Definitely not clown socks which would require red, orange and yellow stripes and much longer feet than your sister probably has :)

14/2/08 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home