Monday, February 04, 2008

Recycled Hat

Today I finished weaving in the ends and over-dyeing this hat to be donated to a Warmer Winters, a local charity that provides warm clothing to some of the area's homeless that I have mentioned previously. I had finished the knitting of this hat a little bit ago, but hadn't gotten around to finishing it.


The yarns here are all from the same recycled 100% wool sweater that I first used to experiment with dyeing. The purple was my first adventure with kool-aid dyeing. The blue was my first attempt with Wilton's icing dyes. And the orange was from my only try with beets. I figured j-random guy might not be thrilled with the colors so I over dyed it black with Wilton's icing dye.


Stash Down Yardage: ~135 yards going by weight
Total Stash Down Mileage: 0.93 miles

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

WOW! I need to try recycling some sweaters!

6/2/08 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home