Friday, January 05, 2007

FO: Child's Seaman Hat

Yarn: recycled sweater, hand dyed by me
Fiber Content: 100% wool
Needles: US Size 6 DPNs
Pattern: based in concept on Needle Beetle's Seaman's Cap

I am happy to announce that I have another Dulaan hat done. (It is here modeled by my ever so obliging kid.) This used up a most of a single lone skein (>100 g) of yarn that I had recycled from a sweater and then dyed with Wilton's icing dyes (kelly green and cornflower blue) and citric acid. When I did the initial dyeing I was really surprised to find the pink/purple which separated out from the cornflower blue. That is part of the reason I enjoy the process so much though, these little surprises.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely hat!

8/1/07 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home