Monday, December 25, 2006

FO: worsted socks


Yarn: MondialMerino Plus in white
Fiber Content: 52% wool, 48% acrylic
Supplier: The Knitting Room
Needles: US Size 6 DPNs

For Christmas this year, I made my sister a "first socks kit". It contained a skein of Superwash Cascade 220, US Size 5 DPNs, and custom instructions for her foot size and this weight yarn/size needles. Before giving them to her however, I had to do a quick run through of the pattern. This pair of socks was the result and took just under a skein of this (different) yarn.

Sadly they are a little looser in gauge than I wanted. I needed a set of worsted weight white socks for a costume in january, but these instead ended up given to my mom who will wear them as house socks. I guess I will just make another pair, but as these only took just under a (non-working) day that should not be a problem.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home