Wednesday, November 29, 2006

EDM Challenge #94

The last Everyday Matters Challenge was to draw a spoon. I had 2 candidates that I really couldn't choose between, so I did them both.

One year out of the blue, for Chistmas my dad gave my SO and I a set of silverware. I was 22 at the time, and it seemed a bit of an odd gift. It wasn't as if I had been hinting that we needed anything like that. It got stored a few years until we moved out of the apartment we had been sharing with another couple into our own place. Granted it is very nice silverware, with a bit of a heft that took some getting used to. It has come to grow on me. In the upper left corner is one of the tablespoons from that set.

In the lower right corner is one of the serving spoons I got in a set of black plastic cooking and serving utensils from my mom when I first got interested in cooking back in middle school. She was never a really big cook, so when I took an interest we really needed more of these basics. They have served me long and well, although the original upright utensil holder has long ago disappeared, and they have lived everywhere I have ever since.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your spoons are beautiful! Keep up your creative pursuits in the midst of motherhood and school.
Joan

29/11/06 2:46 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Wonderful job on these spoons and what a neat way to get them.

29/11/06 4:18 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

great job - I especially like the dimple in the handle of the black spoon

29/11/06 6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting post - and beautiful drawings. But how do you ever find the time?

30/11/06 3:01 PM  
Blogger Michael Emerald said...

Thanks for drawing this. I like the unusual perspective.

1/12/06 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home