Saturday, November 18, 2006

Almost EDM Challenge 93


I wanted to join in this week with the Everyday Matters Challenge, but somehow when I sat down to draw I got mixed up and ended up drawing a carton of eggs closed rather than open. Oh well, it was good practice working with color, which has been a bit of a challenge for myself. I am not sure if I will retry this challenge or not.

This drawing was done with just my daughter's Crayola colored pencils in my moleskine, prepped with an acrylic paint (in vanilla, but I forget the brand).

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

This is fantastic!! And with crayons?? WOWZA!!

20/11/06 9:32 PM  
Blogger Carolyn Kinniery said...

Your drawing came out great! I like not only the color but the shadows in the carton itself.

20/11/06 9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your carton - especially the eggs peaking out through the top holes. The crayola pencils really gave you some nice pastel tones!! Just excellent!!

20/11/06 11:40 PM  
Blogger faeorain said...

Beautiful work...perfect just the way it is...it's better that it's closed so that we have a variety of perspectives on the egg carton.

21/11/06 7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Omly - I saw your message on Everyday Matters. I'm glad to see you here - and I think this turned out beautiful. So you prepped with a wash of acrylic first. Turned out great. (And of course, I love that it's Crayola!)

21/11/06 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home